Saturday, May 2, 2009

Conversations with L

Ever wonder how the conversations between L and I go? It still amazes me how easy it is for the two of us to talk....for hours. The topics of our conversations make me laugh...and I'm glad...as she is I'm sure...that we dont always talk about the baby. Since it is the "link" between us it would be easy to only talk about the adoption and the baby...but I'm glad I have this much time to get to know her before the baby is born. Friday night we talked about her daughters upcoming birthday...she is going to be 2. We talked about movies...L's upcoming trip to visit her mother out of state...current news stories....jewelry/candle parties...etc..etc...etc. I've learned a lot about L. I hope she has learned a lot about us...I think she has. Currently she is struggling with how to handle other peoples opinions regarding her adoption plans. I am not surprised by the reactions of those in her life.....Im sure it must be hard on everyone involved. It is hard for me at the same time to hear about all of this.....each time I think this may be the "straw that breaks the camels back", per say. Each time I wonder...will this person change L's mind...can she handle this for 5 more months? Occassionaly I voice these feelings....in a round about way. And each time she confirms that there is no way she is changing her mind. I hear her...and I hope....but I continue to hold my breath. I often wonder if I would have her strength...if I could do what she is right now. So....each time we talk....we learn a little more about each other....and we continue to build our relationship. I'm thankful for this time and I hope things continue as expected. So....until things change or until there is a baby....L and I will continue our journey...and our funny conversations about life.

No comments: