Saturday, March 28, 2009

Music

As most of you know I love music. I like all types of music and if you listen...you can tell my mood by what I am listening to. I was recently in the car driving to Baltimore for a soccer tournament and had lots of time listen to music on my Ipod. It was then that I found how many songs I can relate to the adoption. I secretly love find songs that relate to events in my life...and this is no different. Rascal Flatts have so many songs with lyrics that strike a cord inside. Here are a few lyrics...I think you'll understand:



I woke up this morning
With this feeling inside me that I can't explain
Like a weight that I've carried Been carried away, away
But I know something is coming I don't know what it is
But I know it's amazing, you save me
My time is coming
And I'll find my way out of this longest drought
(from Feels Like Today)


You waved your hand and it was done
Said let it be and there it was
A mountain, so high, it broke through, the sky
A canyon, so deep, it'll bring a man to his knees
I've seen what you can do
I've seen you make miracles and hopeless dreams come true
(from To Make her Love Me)


I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,
But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.
I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.
(from My Wish)

For the days this rollercoaster ride has got me feeling down and out:


You feel like a candle in a hurricane
Just like a picture with a broken frame
Alone and helpless Like you've lost your fight
But you'll be alright, you'll be alright
Cause when push comes to shove
You taste what you're made of
You might bend, till you break Cause its all you can take
On your knees you look up Decide you've had enough
You get mad you get strong Wipe your hands shake it off
Then you Stand, Then you stand
(from Stand)



And in case L changes her mind...or those moments when I feel this may never work out:


I set out on a narrow way many years ago
Hoping I would find true love along the broken road
But I got lost a time or two
Wiped my brow and kept pushing through
I couldn't see how every sign pointed straight to you
Every long lost dream led me to where you are
Others who broke my heart they were like northern stars
Pointing me on my way into your loving arms
This much I know is trueThat God blessed the broken road
That led me straight to you
(from Bless the Broken Road)


So....there you have it. If you havent listen to any of their songs...and you can stand a little country now and then I recommend checking out a few of these songs. Lets hope the last song wont really relate to our situation. But if it does...it does....and I will have something to drown out my sorrows as I gain a brighter perspective. Dont worry....a little sarcasm is healthy.

No comments: