Sunday, March 8, 2009

Our Anniversary

Some of you may be wondering why I am writing about my anniversary when it is in October. Well....L ( this is how I will refer to her from now on ) went to the doctor this week...her due date is Oct 15, our anniversary!! We couldn't believe it! She was also surprised as she thought it would be a little earlier. I am secretly hoping she delivers a little earlier...so I dont always have to have a birthday party on our anniversary.

We also got to meet L this week. (3/6/09) We met at the agency with the social workers present. We shared photo albums since we both like to scrapbook. She shared pictures of her daughter and she is absolutely adorable. We were all a little nervous but that was to be expected. Since we had spoken so much before the meeting we were able to share information with the social workers but nothing new between us. It was a little funny...since usually the social workers will be telling us things....and instead we were telling them things. Leave it to me to find myself in a "unique" situation.

Now what??

From here we are officially "matched" and out of the books. We are now committed to L and her to us. We are able to go to the sonogram appointments...her next one is on April 3rd. We are trying not to get overly excited...but that is nearly impossible. I am now making a list of things to keep me busy during the next 7 months....something to keep me distracted. Our social worker feels there a lot of promising things...and a few red flags. But overall a good possibility. Time will tell. As always we are intellectually telling ourselves that this may not work out...but our hearts are praying that it does.


No comments: