Thursday, December 3, 2009

Placement and First Day Alone!!

When I have some time to sit and reflect on yesterday I will write a longer post. We had a wonderful day...it was emotional...it was powerful...it was humbling. There were tears by all, but it was a happy time for our little daughter. She slept through the whole thing. We had one blunder....I forgot to put back the card into the camera...so we couldn't take pictures! Luckily....everyone had cameras....so we will still have pictures of the placement.

Our little angel is heaven sent! She is so content and happy. She is starting to really interact with us....some smiling...some babbling. I love it! I was nervous for this transition. We are taking her away from everything she has known for the past 6 weeks and putting her in a new environment. I was nervous she wasn't going to sleep at night ( she was sleeping all night at her foster home). I was nervous she would start crying more ( she cried little at her foster home). Well...guess what....she slept all through the night!! I put her down at 10-10:30 and I heard at 6 am cooing and babbling. At 7am she still wasn't crying but I couldn't wait to go see her!! She was happy as a clam as I changed her diaper and then we sat in the rocking chair during her bottle.

I feel so very blessed. I know why my last match didn't work out. He already had other plans for us. Here are a few pictures at home!!






No comments: