Friday, January 7, 2011

Settled

Loving the New Year...despite that it is only 7 days old! Typically I set some sort of resolutions which in the end only leave me feeling disillusioned when I come no where near reaching them. Therefore this year I set a new mindset for myself. I've decided this will be the year to make it happen. Make what happen you ask...you know...."IT". Hmmmm....have I lost you now? "IT" can be what you deem it to be, but the motto is the point. The point is to make the "IT" in your life happen. How many times do we say we wish we had more time to complete all those projects, be a better person, keep a cleaner house, volunteer more, be a better friend, lose the extra layer of warmth which makes our clothes a little snugger than we like, send out all the birthday cards on time, call a loved one......and the list goes on. Well...this is the year I want to make it happen. I have no set goals and I refuse to make them. I am just going to get busy and make IT happen. I like this new attitude. There are so many things in life which demand our precious time and I dont want to add more things to that list. SO...I will get busy....make some things happen...while learning to balance the must....needs...and wants...in a more healthy matter. So far I have more time to get on the treadmill (which should be a need..but often turns into a want with a little one and full time job) and read ( which is truly prompted more by the idea of getting free books to review!). I tackle house projects with more vigor and am being slightly more successful with keeping the house picked up...not that it truly ever is that messy. On the other hand....I have been turning the TV off and limiting my time on the Internet....despite all the blogs I love to read (which have helped to inspire this new attitude). How many times do I say I am blessed, my family is blessed? We are....and I need to appreciate this more...and will this Year. This Year is the year I will make "IT" happen. I hope you all will make "IT" happen as well!! Good luck and have fun!

No comments: