Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pale Sunshine

Thats the name of the paint I picked for the "nursery"...which is still currently our spare bedroom and will remain so until we have a little one around. I decided on a whim today to go ahead and paint the room. I truly hate painting and wanted to cross that job off my list of to-dos. With the holidays right around the corner....I didnt want to get stuck with painting if we ended up with a baby sooner than we expect. Everyone urged me not to paint the room yellow...saying that it is too stimulating for babies...but you can only tell it is pale yellow in the right light...it mostly looks like a cream or off white. I must say that it looks 100 times better than the stark white primer that has been on the wall since we bought our house!
Nothing else is new with the adoption...we continue to wait. In the meantime...April and Jason welcomed their first son, Benjamin Edward, into the world on 10/23. I had my last soccer game with the U12 girls team...we finished the fall season 4-1-3...we got better at scoring as the season went on! The high school team lost in the 2nd round of playoffs therefore we are done for the season. They played great all season and am very proud they made it that far in the playoffs. Our high school league has around 60 teams...so I am happy that we made it into the top 15!
I am now going to spend the next month relaxing and crossing things off my "to-do" lists.

No comments: