Sunday, February 1, 2009

The Musings of a Waiting Adoptive Mom!

So what does a waiting adoptive mom do you ask? I also wondered that question before we got to this stage. My first reaction is to go on with life.....which has been fairly easy. Do what I normally do...nothing more, nothing less. Than I began to ponder what a pregnant mom does when she is preparing for her child. When you compare those two scenarios I wondered why they are so different. Are I not waiting to bring home our first child? Should I not prepare like any other first time mom? Yes...it could take longer than the 9 month pregnancy my friends had....but it could also take less. I have bought things for the baby...but how many things can you buy when you have no idea on age, sex and season. With that said I decided on a little compromise. I like to make crafts in my spare time. Once we do get placed with a baby I'm sure that time will dissappear before my eyes. In the mean time I have decided to put my craft and creative skills to use and make baby crafts. Some of these things are very useful items and I'm sure I will be happy to have when the little one finally arrives. Some of the other crafts are not necessary but are filling any "nesting" need I may have at the time. That being said....Mike was away all weekend. So....I got on the internet and found some ideas. I decided to start with baby closet dividers since they seemed simple enough and could be completed in one day. They are a very non essential item but will make finding things easier...especially for darling dads whom have no idea which outfits the baby can fit into (I've heard stories....you know the ones.....I had to change the baby 5 times until something fit). These were easy to make and took half a day.....mostly waiting for the paint to dry. So on my craft list: towel bibs ( these may be an essential item for Mike....he doesnt do "messy") , cloth baby shoes, canvas wall art , Rag quilt and a baby scrapbook. So there you have it...the musings of a waiting adoptive mom. Let's see how much I actually get done before the baby arrives! I do have an advantage over pregnant moms......I feel GREAT all the TIME!!!
Baby Closet Dividers

1 comment:

Jason & April said...

Those are the cutest things ever!!!! And what are cloth shoes and how do you make them?? You are such a crafty girl! I think you should open a little etsy store to sell your stuff. You'd make a killing.