Thursday, August 20, 2009

8 weeks and counting

8 weeks....56 days...1344 hours. That is the time until L's due. Now we all know that one's due date is really whenever the little one decides to arrive. When we first heard from L she was only 5 weeks along...and we had 35 weeks or 245 days to wait. Can you believe we have waited 189 days to see if this is going to work out! Thinking back there have been days when I didn't think about the adoption....there have been days when I was sure it wasn't going to work out....but most days I have had reserved hope. I can now tell you that my reserve is almost empty...though the vacations did help fill my tank a little.

We are trying to prepare the house and our life for the arrival of a little one. We have been buying things since we started the process but recently have gotten a lot more baby items....many loved ones have helped out and provided lots of goodies for the little one. We are planning to set-up the nursery mid-Sept...about a month before L's due date. We have scheduled eye, dental, hair, doctor and vet appointments for the next few weeks. We've decided that we do not want to do any of this with a little one. We have started to research day cares...but will go visit them only once the due date gets a little closer. We have signed up to make pre-assembled meals which we will freeze for easy dinners for those oh so tired days. So there it is....we are officially getting ready for the third member of our family to arrive.

Physically we are preparing. Emotionally I have no idea how to prepare. I don't think the waiting will be anything compared to what we will feel at the birth and on decision day. I believe this will bring some of my happiest moments and some of my saddest moments. I remember long ago I questioned whether or not I could endure adoption for one reason....I wasn't sure I could handle seeing the heartbreak of the birth parents. I can't imagine. I am glad L is so strong...but I ask everyone to pray for her, the expectant father and the little guy. Pray for their strength, courage and healing.

No comments: