Saturday, August 29, 2009

What doesnt kill you makes you stronger

I love my life. I have a wonderful husband, a great career, coach a great soccer team, have a loving family, have wonderful friends, the best cats. I have a great life. And right now....I believe this is the hardest thing I have ever gone through....and that is saying a lot! I am going to take a break from posting on this blog for a few weeks. I cannot find the words to explain how I am feeling and to fully explain this experience. I am so fortunate that we are in the position to adopt...and we have wonderful support systems. These past few weeks have been quiet stressful related to the adoption. It is only going to get more stressful before it gets any easier. There are several red flags with our current match. Nothing has really changed but now that the due date is getting closer decisions need to be made. There is a chance that this match will fall through...but more than likely not until the birth or after placement. Yes....I said after placement. Since that is a possibility we have decided not to announce the birth on the blog right away. We may go into hiding after the birth and not allow anyone to come visit or meet the baby until 30 days after the birth when the parental rights are terminated. I know this may be dissappointing to some of you...but we feel this will be easier. We do have the choice of using a foster family to take the baby before he comes home with us to allow time to pass for the termination of birthparent rights. After discussion we have opted for a direct placement from the hospital. God is the one in control...and I have to trust He knows the best thing for this baby. If that means we get the baby for 3 weeks and he goes back to the birth parents then so be it. I will be very sad...but at the same time I want to protect my loved ones as much as I can. The less people who intially meet the baby the less confusion for the baby, and I truly believe the sting will be less on our loved ones. Please pray for the expectant parents, the little guy and us. I am letting go of any decision and letting God in control. I know we will be parents to whomever He wants.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We have two adopted boys, 2 years and 7 weeks. Allow your family and friends to meet the baby, it will be a gift to all involved, especially your new son. With our first son we had 5 days notice and no baby stuff, with our second 9 days. We had our families and friends around and it was so special. Allow them to be a part of this with you. When you think about telling your son his adoption story it will mean so much to him to have pictures of him at a few days old with family and friends. Rather than, "you were held at an arms length to protect our feelings" My name is Alison. I can be reached at alijj22@yahoo.com.
Peace