Sunday, September 6, 2009

I couldn't stay away!

SO....I said I wasn't going to post for awhile. Then I realized that some of you like the updates. I have decided to write...but please pardon my less than poetic pose right now. It would take me forever to try and put my feelings into words...so you will have to read whatever my fingers type out! Last week we met with our social worker to review our cooperative agreement before with sit down with L. She was very supportive of all of our decisions. She thought L defiantly choose the right family since we are so open and willing to accept whatever comes our way with this match. She also reviewed how the hospital experience typical goes which helps us paint a better picture of what to expect on delivery day. She talked about what we should have ready. Little does she know that we have a ton of baby stuff!! I told her how we are ready....we have done every appointment under the sun (DR, Vet, eye, hair...etc) and even assembled pre-made meals
that only need popped in the oven. We are ready....well kinda. Im not sure how ready I am for sleepless nights...a crying baby...the anxiety of the 30 day waiting period. But we are enjoying our days as a dou. We enjoyed going to the rib fest this weekend at the football stadium. Afterwards, we sat on a park bench overlooking the city....and I realized....this may be the last summer of just us....being lazy...sitting on a park bench....completely relaxed. The next time we sit on a park bench we may have our child with us...and it may not be so relaxing...
but it will be oh so worth it!

No comments: