Monday, January 25, 2010

Reality

Mike started his new job the beginning of this month. Today begins the 4th week we are living apart. The reality is that I hate this. I am sad every Sunday when we must say our goodbyes and tears swell in my eyes when he says goodbye to Leah. I am mostly sad he is missing her. I'm trying not to complain too much because this is everything I wanted...I just hope we won't have to live apart much longer. We have had 7 showings for our house....and one second showing for a young couple. Apparently they were going to the bank to put financial information together.....that was a week ago. I have heard they haven't put in an offer anywhere....so hopefully it will come this week. The realtor received lots of positive feedback from 4 of the 7 showings...I have yet to hear about the other 3 since they were this weekend. I guess first time homebuyers take a little longer to decide....which is frustrating for me! As my mom says, this too shall pass.
Leah is growing like a weed. I did the home method of weighing her ( weigh myself and then weigh myself holding her) and she weighed in at a whopping 15.4 lbs!! I will measure her today......but I'm guessing 24 inches. I think she may have had a growth spurt this past week....she ate more for a few days and then slept long the next few. Her is talking all the time and she is much louder than she used to be. My love grows for her each day....she is such a joy. Here's the little turkey at 3 months!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

That must be so hard to live apart all week! I feel so badly for you, and I hope you sell the house quickly!

Leah is gorgeous! I love her chubby cheeks!

kalibug said...

My, My, your daughter is sooooooooo cute. I am sorry about your living situation right now. Hope things smooth out soon, and you sell your house!!