Friday, April 30, 2010

Back to Work

This week I started back to work part time. I wasn't sure what to expect....but I am pleasantly surprised. I enjoy going to work. I like what I do. A small part of my feels that I should feel guilty about it but I don't. Leah has a great time at the babysitter...she is content there...she is happy there. She has such stranger anxiety for so long that it is good she is exposed to other people and can feel comfortable. So really...I think it is good for her. It is good for me. Maybe if things would have been a different I may have been more content being a stay at home mom but that's not how it worked out. Part of me feels that I was a "single" mom for many months while we moved. I think that experience had me looking forward to going back to work. Don't get me wrong...I love every minute I spend with my little angel. BUT.....when you are the only one for 5 days at a time you look forward to a little me time. So even though I am working....I have time to be me and do something I enjoy. That being said I am also glad I am only working part time. I still get my days to be home with Leah. For me, part time is the best of both worlds. I also don't feel guilty because she is 6 months old....and most working moms return to work at 3 months...so I feel she is ready for this. Plus if Leah ever wants a sibling I better get back to work and make some dough!

This weekend we are having a housewarming party for our friends! I am busy baking and cooking all day and getting things in order. Check back for pictures next week!

Here is the little cutie with her classic "smile"!


No comments: