Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Humbled

Leah is on the verge of turning 7 months! Time seems to be flying by and somedays I'm not sure where the time has gone. We have been in the new house two months and had soo many visitors now that we live close to our friends and family. It is great that everyone can see Leah grow and change...and I can tell she likes seeing everyone. Her stranger anxiety has lessened...thank goodness!

Onto what I wanted to write about. I am humbled. Still. I'm thinking I will be forever. When I look at Leah I am humbled. I'm still in awe that she is my daughter and that I have been given the gift of being her mother. At least once a week my eyes swell with tears as I look down on her and realize that I have everything I could ever want. My life is perfect...in every way....in every moment. How did I get so lucky?
I am humbled by the relationship I have with her birthmother, L. I spoke with her last night and chuckled to myself as I hung up the phone. I felt like I had just had a conversation with someone I have known for years, not just a mere 5 months.
Adoption has humbled me. It has made me look at life differently. It can make me cry with tears of joy and pain all at the same time. The raw emotions of adoption are bold and truthful. They creep in when no one is looking and encompass you..leaving you standing there with tears rolling down your cheeks. In church this weekend, I looked at Leah and almost began crying. I felt the gulp in my throat and had to look away. I pray that every week I continue to have these moments....these crazy moments that rise from somewhere deep down and swallow me up. I am thankful I am humbled. I am thankful that this is my life. I am thankful.

No comments: