Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Homestudy

I never wrote about our homestudy which was completed on the 2/7. It was much different from the last one, which was solely due to our difference in attitude. I was sick (and actually sicker than I thought..hope I didn't pass it along to the social worker!) and really didn't care if everything was in it's place and put away. Mike felt the same....but I'm not sure why. The spare bed wasn't completely made....(Mike was sleeping in there since I was sick)...the office had a pile of papers that needed to be put away on the table....the bedroom needed dusting...etc, etc, etc. But alas, the homestudy went off without a hitch. When she was asking questions I would usually try to put a positive spin on everything...but I didn't this time. I told the complete truth....GASP....and I didn't care. I'm sure it will be fun reading the homestudy when we get it back in the mail. I'm sure she is having fun trying to type it up!
I am now slowly working on finishing up our profile. This is difficult for me since we have 10 billion pictures and I love every single one of them. Hopefully our consultant will be able to say....not that picture...its terrible! We are also starting to gather up our paperwork to apply to the agencies so that we are ready once the homestudy is complete.
At the end of the day sometimes I question that we are starting again. Are we ready? Should we enjoy Leah more before we add another child? Can we handle the craziness of two? I think about the morning routine which Leah and I have, how will I handle two kids in the morning without Mike around and still get myself out the door in time for work. As it is, sometimes I struggle. I'm sure we will figure it out....with a few stumbles along the way. I need to keep reminding myself that I dont have to do everything perfectly....I just need to do it the best way I can. Deep down I know adding another is right...I just question how it will all work. I think a little longer break between 2 and 3 kids will be warranted though. Give us more time to get back on our feet! :-)

No comments: