Monday, March 28, 2011

4 Days Left

I still am not loving March but do hope that in the last 4 days some redemptive qualities will emerge. But...I'm not banking on it. This week has been crazy like all the previous ones in March. Work has been crazy with an upcoming conference I am hosting at our college. The event is this saturday and I'm so ready for it to be over. I have enjoyed the challenge of organizing it but have decided that the conference and the adoption are a little too much stress. These two things together are leaving my pillow lonely. My fieldwork students are ending their first rotations and unfortunately I had to attend a site Friday to fail one. It was pretty sad but I feel every effort was put out by myself and the fieldwork educator. Once again I was reminded of the phrase, "What will be, will be." Hhmm.....maybe that should be tattooed on my hand so I can be reminded of this everyday.

And of course, the adoption process is going strong and kicking my butt at every turn. I believe the score is now 0 -4, with us losing. Can I tell you sarcastically how much I love PA adoption law? Well, for that matter, the fact that every state has different adoption law. It is nearly impossible to try and understand how each state works and what is and is not allowed. We are trying to wait to hire a lawyer until we know we need one....but I'm thinking we need one just to interpret whether or not we can even be shown for some situations. That was the battle this week.

I know I do seem quite negative. Truthfully I am not. It's just been a difficult month on so many levels. I can still recite lots of good things in life (a great visit from my parents yesterday, Leah and her spunky toddler behavior, no more wallpaper in the nursery, a husband who is getting excited about the next adoption, great friends). We are so blessed even in this time of sadness and frustration. Thank goodness. (Otherwise I would be better friends with my wine bottle)!

1 comment:

cam said...

good luck at your conference this weekend! surely next month will be better! :)