Friday, August 6, 2010

Infertility

I speak of infertility more on this blog than I do in real life. Actually....most days I do not consider my self infertile which of course is complete nonsense but for some reason I put myself in another category. Not really sure what that category is....I just know I feel like I don't belong in the "infertile" category. Maybe because we never "tried" and we never had to experience all the ups and downs of not becoming pregnant. I guess I feel like we started to play the game and immediately got a "Do Not Pass Go and Go Straight to Jail" card. At the time I didn't fully realize that was the best card in the deck. I was fairly OK with the card...but I did have a few wishful thoughts that never actualized. So why I am talking about infertility then?? I am shamed to admit it was spurred by watching the TV show "Pregnant and .... ". ( Side note...I really need to give up TV....I have done this several times in my life and have been perfectly content...how do I get my husband to realize the same endeavor?) On this show they highlight different women who are pregnant and drug addicted....in jail....have some crazy medical disorder....etc. At this point I should know not to watch. But I did. And after 45 mins of the show I had enough. I turned it off and immediately felt crappy. My crappy attitude lasted a whole 2 minutes. Because then I realized my infertility brought me the cutest, smiling, happy little girl you could ever want. So you know what life....go ahead...hand me the " Do Not Pass Go and Go Straight To Jail" card again. Bring it on....I am ready!!

No comments: