Friday, August 27, 2010

Week One - Check

Today completes the first week of my new job. Overall - I'm satisfied. Of course there has been ups and downs but overall I am ending on a positive note. I have overcome my first two classes as an instructor vs my previous role of student. I feel that I can now fine tune some of my basic skills and I know that I will get better and one day I believe I will truly enjoy teaching. There is something ironic about teaching my first college level course to graduate students though. My expectations need to rise much higher with this class since they actually complete the assigned readings! This is of course a good problem but now requires a little reorganization by me. Trial and error will be the game I play this semester. Hopefully by next semester I will have some sort of process!

One little disappointing fact about my new job is that I don't get FMLA until I am there a year. Doing the math means I am not eligible until next August 23rd. We wanted to start the process again in January but now I think we will need to post pone that until March or April. Technically I am off from the end of June until the end of August so we could welcome a baby during that time and then I would get FMLA starting in last August. But.....as everyone knows we have no control about when our next little angel will come home. Therefore postponing the next adoption seems inevitable. The more I think about it the more at peace I am with this little disruption. I KNOW that there is another little angel meant to be ours, I know I have no control over when or who this little one will be, and I know that God will provide. So for now, we all will continue to enjoy and delight in Leahs' abounding love and growth! She is our constant reminder that all will come together and that He will provide.

So what is Leah up to?? She is in the process of destroying my house through exploration and I LOVE it! I love that fact that I have toys to pick up every night and that she is now taunting me when I tell her stay out of the cat food. I love the fact that she tries to hide behind the shear curtains at the patio doors and at some level thinks I can't see her. I love how she gets the biggest smile on her face when I pick her up at the babysitter. I love how the babysitter and her family LOVE her. I love how all of my family can't wait to hold her, play with her and all of them are overflowing with love for her. I love how she is cutting her 4th tooth ( her second top tooth) and you would have no idea. I love how she now likes to cuddle at night before bed and how she likes to point at pictures in her First Words book. Yes...I am painting a perfect picture of her....and that's because she is perfect. You can ask the babysitter and anyone of my family members and they will all agree. So all I have to say is....Thank You God for answering all of my hearts desires and blessing me with this child.

No comments: