Sunday, September 7, 2008

Keep the car or get a SUV???? The infant car seat debate!




So what would a major life changing event be without adding the complexities of car shopping? Mike always knows what deal the Toyota dealer is offering on the 4 Runners....especially now that gas prices are so bad and the SUV market is terrible. We have always wanted a 4 runner...not sure why.....I guess more because we both like it. Now that they have such good deals on the 4 runners Mike once again spent Saturday afternoon at the dealership just getting some quotes. I have learned from previous excursions to stay at home...nothing really will be decided the first trip to the dealership. When he got home he reviewed with me the "quotes"and I, like always, didn't know what to say....my thoughts are do we need a bigger vehicle ...do we need to spend more money on gas...how much more to we need to pay per month. This time though I thought I had the perfect answer.....and it all had to do with a car seat. I simply asked..."Will a car seat fit in my car now ?" Well....that night....we went car seat shopping!!! Only Mike and I would buy a car seat to determine if we are going to buy a different car! Of course we will need a car seat in the future...and some may say that we are jumping the gun....but oh well...we now have a complete travel system with a car seat and stroller! This is our first big baby purchase...it was out for an hour as we put it in both cars to see how it fit and now it is back in the box..stored nicely in the garage. Unfortunately we are still undecided on what to do...the car seat fit in my car but not ideally...and the stroller takes up a lot of the trunk. So now we have to determine which vehicle will suit our needs the best. We had fun at Babies-R-Us picking on the car seat and stroller...and I must admit....Mike had a good time...he was all into figuring out how they worked...and folded up..and locked into place. I can only imagine what he will be like when he has a little one to play with!
(By they way...the picture is the stroller we picked out. Against the advice of my two pregnant friends I decided to go with the Chicco stroller. They both have Gracos....but I never want what everyone else has!)

1 comment:

Jason & April said...

It is a big debate! There is a lot to think about! When you go to look at cars/SUVs again, take the car seat and stroller with you and put them in each one you look at. It really helps to see how they fit.