Monday, September 1, 2008

Okay....I've given in!

To the urging of my co-worker Toni, I have given in and started a blog about our adoption journey. I know that someday I will want to remember all of these dates and events...and with my memory I will have no clue what happened when. Mike and I are adopting through the Children's Home of Pittsburgh. In May we attended an orientation and decided that this was the agency for us. We had looked at several other agency's but decided that this agency was smaller and had more of a personal feel. After the orientation we then had the task of completing all the paperwork for the application. Now this isn't your normal 5-10 page application.....it looked more like a small phone book when we were done. I was impressed with our diligence to get it done....to my surprise we were one of the first families done. Since we were so speedy..haha...we started our homestudy months sooner than we were expecting. Last week ( Aug. 27 ) we went down to the agency and met our social worker. Everyone kept asking if I was anxious and to my surprise I wasn't. I do believe that had more to do with my busy schedule and little time to be "anxious" but I'm glad I wasn't becuase it was a relaxed, comfortable meeting. During the hour long session we discussed why we have chosen to adopt and our journey to this point. Like always...it is always remarkable hearing our journey...I think the social worker was a little surprised...and once again I was reminded that our path has made us stronger...as individuals and as a couple.
Many more meetings are planned this month...so I will try to write shortly after the meeting to keep everyone up to date. I know everyone is excited to know what is going on.

1 comment:

Toni W said...

I love it!!! Good luck with everything.
Toni