Wednesday, October 7, 2009

No Work for Me Today!!

About 6 months ago I changed my work status from fulltime to PRN or as needed. I now work for 8 companies who call me when they need extra hands when they have staff off or their census is high. I originally made the switch to allow me more flexibility and still make the same amount of money. I first worried I would not get enough work but I was so wrong. I have continued to work 35-45 hours a week which has been awesome. Yesterday the place I was scheduled had a lower census than expected and I unexpectedly got the day off!! I loved it!! I didn't do much of anything..cleaned a little bit....watched some lifetime movies (which were horrible)...did some crafting....went to soccer practice. Today and the rest of the week I only have to work about 5 hours a day....splendid! I am enjoying the break because I know in a few weeks I am looking at a 50+ work week since I double booked the whole week (on purpose).

The real purpose of this post. I had emailed L a few weeks ago asking her how I should get her U/S pics back to her. I sent her a really nice email...we understand...this is hard....no bad feelings...let us know if anything changes...that kind of email. She never responded which I thought was odd...was she ashamed...guilty...mad?? I don't know but she finally responded which made me feel better. She feels terrible about this...she still wishes to place....but the father is not cooperating and is not willing to go through with the adoption. She stated she was unhappy and doesn't know how it is going to work out....she is quiet upset. I do feel bad that she is now forced to parent...but not that bad...she is the one who got pregnant in the first place. She wants to keep in touch....we'll see. She wants to know when we get a baby. She has such good intentions...if she could only ditch the sack of potatoes she is carrying around! :-)
FYI: L still did not have the baby..I'm sure any day now. Maybe it will hit me then?

No comments: