Saturday, October 24, 2009

Which Path To Take?


I have been in a funk this week. The failed match has caught up with me in a way I didnt think about. I feel like we are sitting in a boat in the middle of the ocean with no sign of rescue. We are doing nothing. Just sitting and waiting. This was much easier before our match with L. I didn't have any expectations at that point. Now I have enormous expectations.....to be a mom. My friends are starting to think about and try for child #2. I feel like I am being left behind....just sitting on my boat as they row to some island of fertility. I have never questioned the circumstances of my inability to have children so much before. I think about that journey and I feel regretful. I shouldn't because I know that the best decisions where made for my health. If I didn't have my health we wouldn't be thinking about adding to our family. But....I still feel regretful. After being so close to bringing home a child I am lost. I don't know which direction to turn. I do know that I can't wait another year.



I have been scouring the internet for other adoption options and have come across a consulting agency which I would love to use. We have decided to wait until the New Year to further entertain the idea of changing directions. Fortunately our agency will allow us to pursue other options while waiting with them and even let us be put on hold if we find a match another way. We do not want to make a hasty decision hence the New Years time period. A few more months on our boat won't kill me. Even as I write this I feel better. The feelings of adoption can be raw at times....they can hurt to the bone...but they can also ignite love and joy in a roomful of beating hearts. We will make it through this journey full of love and joy...we just aren't there yet.

2 comments:

E said...

Thanks for your comment on my blog! Yes, we're from PA...just outside of Philly.

I'm sorry about your failed match. I hope that you get another call soon about the child meant to be yours. After reading a couple of your posts, I'd love to follow your journey.

We were at the same crossroads not too long ago. We have been in the process since Jan '08 and this past June, added a consultant because of the wait was getting to be too much. Two months later, we were matched. She's not due until Jan and hopefully this works out. I'm happy to share who our consultant is...you can email me at tehummel99@yahoo.com.

Jodi said...

I just came across your blog from the comment you left on E's...we are practically neighbors! We live in Indiana, PA and are (hopefully) about to start the adoption process.

I'm so sorry about your failed match. I have friends that have gone through that, and I know how much it hurt them. (((hugs))).

Adoption is such a crazy rollercoaster, you are right! (By the way, my hubby loves the Phantom's Revenge, lol!)