Monday, October 12, 2009

One Year

We have now hit one year of waiting. The number is kinda skewed though since we were matched for almost 8 months of that time. So technically one year of waiting has really only been 4 months of no action. I must admit that when we started our waiting period I never imagined the year would pan out like this. I'm not completely sure how I really feel about where we are today. Amazingly the best word I can use is contentment...which I'm sure is surprising to most of you. I'm ok with our failed match...as I still have faith that "our" child will find their way home. I know our profile is being shown again which gives me hope. In the year to come I am wishing for a shorter wait than last year..haha and I am hoping we get the joy of meeting our child. Here's to hope!!



A few weeks ago my best friends came out to visit with their sons who are both turning one this month!! The time went so fast! Here are a few pictures of me with them. I am hoping next year their will be a picture of me with my child and the two boys on their 2nd birthday! Aren't they the cutest guys ever!!


No comments: