Wednesday, November 18, 2009

"The Call"

Every adoption journey has a point when they receive the call. Tonight was our night!!!! 6:18pm....the phone rings as I am putting laundry in the washer...Mike looks at the phone and calls out my name....Megan...and we just look at each other because I know who it is by just looking at his face. Let me go back and tell you that on the 11th our social worker had called and told us about a baby who was born in October and asked if we wanted to be presented. After some discussion we said yes. I believe my exact words were " God will decide". Since we have started our adoption journey I have become much more strong in my faith...truly seeing that adoption is a miracle and a gift that I cannot comprehend at times. Knowing that a family can be built on the foundation of a difficult situation is truly a miracle. So....when our social worker called tonight...we had a strong feeling we knew why she was calling. We were right....we were picked!! The birth mother had picked us and is very excited about meeting us. We were both speechless as tears formed in our eyes. We have to wait until Wednesday to meet as she can only meet a few days a week and our social worker is out one of those days. We are both shocked...Mike is speechless laying on the couch covering his eyes which are filled with tears....my mind is racing a million miles a minute. The next few weeks are going to be wonderful, crazy, stressful, joyous. Words cannot explain how I am feeling....all the pain...all the frustration...it all makes sense. The heartache from our last match and the reason behind our last match....God has explained it all. He has given more than He has taken away. I am amazed. I am humbled. I am thankful. And now....I am going to be up all night in celebration!

No comments: