Friday, November 27, 2009

Wish 2

Not that long ago I wrote about wish one coming true...Mike getting the promotion and now moving across state to live near our family. Well.....I jinxed myself when I said that I couldn't think of anything better than moving and getting a baby at the same time....because we are bringing home our daughter next week!!! Needless to say it has been a whirlwind of events this past week and a half. I unfortunately don't have a lot of time to sit down and write out the whole journey as we are packing and setting up a nursery at the same time. For purposes of my short lived memory I have included a timeline of the past few weeks. I will try to deligiently keep up on blogging...but I am also very realistic that all of this new activity will keep my time limited. We are feeling blessed in so many ways and are very grateful that God as filled our aching hearts.

Timeline:
Nov 11 - hear about a situation from our social worker about a baby born in October
Nov 12 - Mike interviews for promotion
Nov 13 - tell social worker that we want to be shown for situation
Nov 18 - get "the call" about being chosen by the birthmother; learn it is a baby girl
Nov 19th - Mike officially gets the job offer
Nov 25th - meet with birthmother...everything goes great and she asks us to parent her baby, we get pictures of her to surprise our family
Nov 25/26th- our family gets the surprise of its newest addition
Next week :
Dec 1st - meet our baby girl
Dec 2nd - placement day at the agency
I will post a picture after she is home. Each time I look at her picture I fall more in love and can't believe this happening! More to come!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow! Congratulations!!! How exciting! :)

kalibug said...

oh, wow!! Oh, wow!! Congrats!!