Friday, November 6, 2009

Trying to Turn Over a New Leaf

The last few entries I have written about my sour mood. Of course I would love to think that every bit of this process has been a breeze without any bumps in the road but it has not been that way. I want to look back in ten years and remember the good moments and the less joyful moments. I want my child to know the journey we took to find them....good and bad...when they are old enough. So yes...October sucked....BUT...it happened for a reason. I know when I meet my child I will understand. I will understand that I was supposed to be a parent to them...not L's baby. I am much closer to getting out of my funk. Not that anything has changed...just that I am healing from the trials and tribulations from this past month. I know in time all will make sense. Our child is out there....waiting for us...as we are waiting for them. When we meet, it will be a wonderful day. Until then....it is off to focus on something other than the adoption right now.

While reading another blog I came across this quote:

"The truth is that our finest moments are most likely to occur when we are feeling deeply uncomfortable, unhappy, or unfulfilled. For it is only in such moments, propelled by our discomfort, that we are likely to step out of our ruts and start searching for different ways or truer answers." -M. Scott Peck

Here's to different ways!

1 comment:

Jodi said...

I think we read the same blogs... I liked that quote as well! :)

Good for you for being positive. Sometimes it's very hard to not get caught up in what we DON'T have. I am definitely guilty of focusing on that instead of all the good things I do have in my life!

Hope you have a nice weekend Meg!