Monday, November 23, 2009

Packing

Mike and I have been busy packing up our house and getting it ready to sell. We have taken down any excess clutter and gotten rid of all personalized pictures....trying to make our house into a very neutral space for a future owner. I love pictures so wrapping them up and putting them in a box is kinda sad....but I will be very excited when I get to pull them out again...in the new house! We also touched up some painting and have begun a thorough cleaning of the house top to bottom. Hopefully by Wednesday we will have everything ready and maybe a "for sale" sign in the front yard. It is good to have a project to dive into and keep me busy. I needed this....in so many ways. My family and friends are so excited to have us nearby again. My friends here are sad...and trying diligently to veto the move. The girls on my soccer team want to find a tournament near our new home so they can come visit...and they want me to buy a big house so they can have a sleep over! I am sad to say goodbye to all of my coworkers..and I have a lot since I self contract out to 8+ therapy departments. Mike is excited about his new position and so ready for a change. He is looking forward to a "9-5" job without the on-call weekends and nights.

Still waiting on the adoption front. I hear they are still busy....

No comments: